Thursday, March 27, 2008

Easter Break - My First $15 earning

Hi everyone..

Easter break is almost over. Did i tell you when it started ? No? It started on 21th March (just last Friday) and it should be over this Sunday (30th March 2008).Oougghh, it means i only have 3 days left. And you know what? I planned this holiday to study through all my subjects, but i actually haven't started anything. =)) So typical..

Anyway, let me share a bit experience that i had during this holiday. It all started before the break. In software agent class, my classmate, Mas Andria (who was actually my senior back in Teknik Informatika ITB, he was in class of 98) offered me to work in Victoria Market. The job desc is just we have to help a shop owner (shirts and jacket) to open the shop in the morning and close the shop in the afternoon. How much do i get paid? A$30 a day for opening and closing. Wow, not bad. i was a bit hesitated at first, but what the hell, it will start on Tuesday (in Easter Break), so nothing to lose.

Upon working in VicMart, i was introduced (via sms) to Mas Solihin, who actually has the job. So, Mas Andria was only helping him and he decided to give this job to someone else (me :D). Mas Solihin met me in the market on Tuesday morning (6 AM !! The first time i awake so early in Melbourne). We met on the spot where the shop should be opened.

There were 2 big metal boxes on the spot. One box contained the clothes and the other one contained the structures of the shop. Structures ? Yeah, do you think it would be easy to open and close a shop in the market. You have to build the shop man... Wahaha, this is why some of my friends told me that this isn't an easy job (many student do this job to earn some extra money). Anyway, Mas Solihin introduced me on how to build the structure of the shop. Basically, there were lots of poles (heavy poles i tell you...) that have to be stand and assembled.

After the shop had been built. We brought all of the clothes (from the second box) out of the big box and arrange them. I felt like a labor in Pasar baru (well i did...). The process took around 1 hour and i also helped Mas Solihin to open his shop, since he helped me with opening my shop.




The owner of the shop didn't show up until it was around 8.30. It is the time for shop opening transaction. The shop which i opened belong to a lady called Najiba. Well, i haven't known her well yet, but that day she told me that the shop would be closed by his son, so i didn't have to come in the afternoon. So, it was only 15 bucks for me. Hehehe... She also told me to come on the Saturday and Sunday to do the opening and i agreed. Why not, it won't take a long time to do this afterall.

So, instead of studying, in this easter break i have been working. I will tell you later about other things that i have been doing in easter break later.

2 comments:

lite said...

wiiiiii, ridho keren dehhhhh! *clap clap clap*
nothing feels better than earning ur money urself ;D
i guess u'll grow some muscle from this job ;P

Anonymous said...

...the amount is nothing than the experience itself...